Sunday, June 26, 2011

I'm not dead...Promise!

I know updates have been sparse BUT the good news is, I've been working on LOADS of projects. Both for work, ReRave and others. I can't get around to posting samples of every single one but I'll throw a few up here until I can get an official post ready.

Album art for a new single on Golden Needle Records. I had actually won a contest and now I do some of their artwork for their new releases.





All of these are for ReRave (I actually have a few more but for some reason can' find my masters and it's frustrating me!) Yes, that is my friend's pug on the "Extra Medium" cover :)

I also had the task creating new pricing signs for work. When I first signed onto the project, I didn't realize that I would just be placing elements onto a Photoshop file and our owners would be designing it. This made the process extremely frustrating and almost made me quit. I do realize that the client has opinions and ideas too but you asked me to design it, not throw it together for you. They were completely not understandnig of the design process and I'm actually really thankful that my classes taught me what they did because it all came in hand throughout the entire process. Either way, the project got finished and printed. I still am not a huge fan of the design and colors but it's what they wanted so I went ahead and did it for them.

Old                                                       New



So that's about it for now. I'll try and keep updating this as best as I can but with summer, work and all of the above, it's hard to keep up.

No comments:

Post a Comment