Monday, April 18, 2011

The Final Project (Dun dun dun!)

Yes, it has finally arrived. The time to do my final project for Digital File Prep. For this project, we are required to create a piece that has some type of folding to it, whether it be a brochure or a three dimensional object out of the paper.

I chose to create a take-out carry along box for a fictional bakery called "Yum!". I found a template online for a folding box with handles that I will be tracing and enlarging with Adobe Illustrator and then putting my own personal design on the final product. The target audience would be anyone in the store. This one was difficult to pin-point because it's a box that will be handed out with each take-out order. My call to action is to get people excited for their food they are about to enjoy as well as provide additional advertising for the store as it will bare the store logo.

For my thumbnails and rough sketch, I chose to just sketch out my design of the package in sections since I have the base image with the folds and cuts already prepared within Illustrator. My document size will be 10x16 with a bleed of .125 and margins set at .25.For the final print, I hope to get it printed on a heavy paper to ease the folding process.

A folding dummy just to confirm that it indeed folds properly


Template provided by Milkbun Graphics. All other images created by Jordan Frederick.

No comments:

Post a Comment